Gulabgarh – Machail - Gulabgarh
It may be noted that Goddess Durga is also known by the name Kaali or Chandi. Machailmata Sthan as the shrine is popularly known, has a landscape of unblemished beauty with hills, glaciers and tributaries of the Chenab River (Chadrabhaga). Paddar valley, nearby is famous for its world-famous sapphire mines, and is a cool place for hiking, cannoning and holy hot springs. The area is home to bhot community and the Thakur community who are serpent worshipers, and was merged with Kishtwar tehsil, by Maharaja Ranbir Singh. Thousands of people visit the shrine every year mainly from Jammu region. The pilgrimage happens in the month of August only every year. The idols and pindi form of Chandika are famous for shaking their jewellery of their own without any wind force or any shock and also flickering their closed eyes. There are a lot of supernatural happenings that the pilgrims experience and report.
The shrine has a beginning of antiquity and no recorded history. The goddess appeared in such remote area in "swayambhu" form. She first appeared in the form of fire flame in village Mindhal (Pangi Valley which is 60 km from Machail) and then in the form of Singhasan Mata (Saraswati) at village Chitto (which is 15 km from Gulabgarh). The fire later transformed into the form of Pindi. The actual shrine at Machail village is also swayambhu which has one pindi and three idols of Mahakali (Mindal), Mahalakshmi (Machail) and Mahasaraswati (Chitto Mata), which are considered to vibrate their jewellery by itself without any air or shock. The idols have their eyes closed in Dhyan mudra. Many pilgrims have experienced idols opening or flicking their eyes.
The temple history is entwined with the conquests of Zorawar Singh Kahluria, who in 1834 sought blessings of Machelmata, before crossing the mountains and Suru River (Indus), with 5000 men for vanquishing an army of local Botis of Ladakh. He became a faithful devotee after the successful mission.
The shrine was visited in 1981 by Thakur Kulveer Singh of Bhaderwah, Jammu region. From 1987 onwards, Thakur Kulveer SIngh started 'Chhadi Yatra' (holy mace)that happens every year and thousands of people visit the shrine every year during 'Chhadi Yatra', which starts from Chinote in Bhaderwah to Machail in Paddar.
Terms and Conditions
- The company reserves the right, without assigning any reasons, to cancel, advance, reschedule, overfly or delay the commencement or continuance of the flight without incurring any liability in damages or otherwise to the passengers or any other person on any ground whatsoever. The company reserves the right to refuse to carry any person whom it considers unfit for travel or what in the opinion of the company may constitute risk to the aircraft or person on board.
- Two way passengers will have priority over one way passengers.
- Seating of the passengers will be dependent on the helicopter load planning and a group may have to be divided in separate flights.
- Night halt passengers will be booked for 1400 hrs onwards flights only. Reporting time at Gulabgarh Helipad, next day for return flight, will be 0600 hrs. Night halt passengers will be allowed to stay at Gulabgarh as per the guidelines issued.
- Passengers weighing more than 80 kg will have to pay additional Rs 150/kg for additional weight. Weight will be calculated individually and will not be offset with another passenger.
- Same day return passengers will get only 1:30 hrs for darshan at Mata Machail temple.
- Children above 2 years of age will be provided with a seat and will be charged full fare. For infants less than two years the fare will be free of cost and no seat will be provided to the infants.
- All Passengers should report at the given reporting time, the boarding may take place any time after that depending on traffic and flight schedule.
- Passengers are entitled only one piece of baggage weighing not more than 2 kilograms, any additional piece of baggage will not be allowed.
- In case of cancelation of flight for the day due to any reason, the current day Passenger will be given priority over previous day Passenger. Previous day passengers may be accommodated subject to availability of seats, else full fare will be refunded.
- Disputes if any are to be settled by courts in Gurugram who will have the jurisdiction in this regard
Policy of Cancellation Charges
• Ten days or above before the date of journey deduction is - 25%
• between 9 days to 24 hours before the date of journey deduction is—50%
• Less than 24 hrs before the journey deduction is -100% (No Refund)
* Should the flight be cancelled due to reason beyond our control, like bad weather, technical fault, pilot illness, full refund is applicable. If two-way passenger wants refund for one-way fare i.e. from Mata Machail Temple to Gulabgarh, the refund will be provided for one way only, irrespective of fare paid. No overweight amount will be refunded as the charged overweight is only for one time and one side on booking of two way passenger.
By submitting your phone number on the booking form you consent to receive SMSs related to this booking's confirmation and payment from or on behalf of www.choppertrip.com at the mobile number you’ve provided at to opt-in.